Past in the year 1949 the first plastic pipette holder was developed by a New York chemist Emanuel Goldberg. Under his supervision and three more employees the Nalge Company was started by him. The company was in a building smaller in size located at 625, South Goodman Street.
For many years Goldberg along with his team worked hard and manufactured Nalgene line of lab equipments made of polythene such as filter parts, storage tanks, centrifuge bottles etc. But it was often heard that the scientists used to use the smaller and more prominent bottles as their water carrier for excursions or other purposes.
But it was early 1970s it was decided to make these nalgene bottles an official brand after they were found used unofficially by the President of Nalge Company Marsh Hyman in New York. Thus from then its popularity started to increase rapidly due to quality it provided.